The Therapist reports to the Division Manager and clinical functions are under the leadership of the Team Leader. Assumes primary case responsibilities for adult individuals, families and groups; provides consultative services to community organizations and individuals, and performs related duties as may be requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Completes all assessments and reports required and assigned by supervisor or designated person.
• Provide individual and group psychotherapy.
• Implement crisis or provides intervention procedures.
• Obtain information pertaining to substance abuse and other illness and complete required assignments.
• Prepare and implement treatment plans.
• Document clinical activity through progress notes.
• Analyze and communicate client progress. Provide case management when clinically indicated.
• Utilize broad based insight and cognitive behavioral treatment approaches/interventions.
• Provide follow-up contacts with clients who do not respond to letters and telephone contacts.
• Complete terminations, death, and transfer summaries.
• Report documented clinical activities, registrations and terminations to the computer systems manager.
• Engage in teams and performance improvement activities.
• Perform in an interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Provide activities and services that meet client needs and generate revenues.
• Engage with chronically mentally ill/dual diagnosed clients in close contact circumstances on a daily basis.
• Formulate diagnosis and describe symptoms of mental illness.
• Observe and evaluate conditions, reactions and changes in the physical and mental condition of clients.
• Perform in the creation of a therapeutic milieu.
• Petition clients regarding hospitalization and notify significant others.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Provide 1200 direct consumer contact hours per year.
Qualifications and Skills
• Knowledge of community mental health theory and practice.
• Knowledge and skills in working with mentally ill persons.
• Skills in variety of psychotherapy techniques.
• Ability to relate well with clients in target population.
• Ability to make use of community resources.
• Possess tact, integrity, and common sense.
• Knowledge of substance abuse and drugs commonly used by consumers.
Education / Experience
At a minimum, the completion of a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitative Counseling, or Nursing (MSN with an RN), etc.
Credentialing / licensure
• Licensing or certification as a CSW, LLP, LPC, RN or fully licensed Psychologist.
• Possession of a current valid Michigan Chauffeur’s Driver’s License.
• Demonstrated ability to follow State of Michigan driving laws, evidenced by an insurable driving record.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO:
Central City Integrated Health
17950 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, Michigan 48203