Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Provides advanced clinical nursing care to a selected population of clients. Assumes leadership and provides expertise for intake health history. Collaborates with Psychiatrist to provide psychiatric evaluation and team members to recommend program placement and coordinate interim treatment planning. Improves clinical staff quality of care through consultation with and education of nursing personnel, clients, and their significant others. Serves as preceptor for undergraduate and nursing graduate students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Collaborates with Psychiatrist to provide the initial (intake) psychiatric assessment on individuals screened as appropriate for Agency services.
B. Initiates treatment for clients with psychiatric health problems, by using a systematic approach to behavioral health history and appraisal. Prescribes, coordinates, delegates, and evaluates care.
C. Provides short term/crisis intervention therapy.
D. Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies.
E. Instructs individual and/or families or groups about health problems.
F. Provides assistance to clients in making optimum use of agency services.
G. Participates and assumes leadership appropriately in performance improvement activities and other agency committees.
H. Initiates, participates in, or leads research projects.
I. Participates in education of nursing students.
J. Maintains competence and participation in professional organizations.
K. Advocates for improvement in the health care system.
L. Consults with community organizations and individuals in area of expertise.
M. Provide 1200 direct consumer contact hours per year.
N. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Program Director.
Qualifications and Skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated clinical and interpersonal skills necessary to establish therapeutic relationship and work with a wide range of mentally ill clients with multiple needs.
• Ability to maintain accurate clinical and statistical records.
• Ability to be innovative and flexible in job duties. Motivated to participate in staff development.
Education / Experience
• Master’s Degree in Nursing with advanced skill in biopsycosocial assessment.
• Minimum two (2) years of related experience.
Credentialing / licensure
• Current Registered Nurse Licensure.
• State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner Licensure
• ANA Certification
SUBMIT RESUMES TO:
T. Conte Human Resources
Central City Integrated Health
17950 Woodward Ave
Detroit, MI 48203
FAX: (313) 733-1300
Detroit Central City is an approved National Health Service Corps Site