Federally Qualified Health Center
1. Monitors Mild to Moderate Behavioral Health Program’s daily operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal responsibility, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives.
2. Works with Supervisor to measure outcomes of the Mild to Moderate Behavioral Health Program.
3. Participates in all administrative meetings related to the progress of the Mild to Moderate Behavioral Health Program.
4. Implements process and workflow improvements for the Mild to Moderate Behavioral Health Program.
5. Routinely responds to questions from staff to assure continuity and quality of care.
6. Maintains a reduced caseload, providing therapeutic services as indicated.
7. Performs comprehensive behavioral health assessments and analyzes and interprets patient histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses; consults with clinic physician and/or psychiatrist as needed.
8. Provides individual and/or group psychotherapy for individuals diagnosed with a mild to moderate mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders; changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by patient reactions.
9. Develops treatment plans based on evidence based treatment approaches, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines; works with the patient to create and implement meaningful treatment goals.
10. Observes and evaluates conditions, reactions and changes in the physical and mental status of patients.
11. Collaborates with medical and dental provider staff to manage overall patient health; understands the correlation between physical and behavioral health issues.
12. Counsels patients on interventions to modify behaviors associated with health risks.
13. Possesses knowledge about community resources appropriate to the needs of patients/families; provides case management/resource assistance as indicated.
14. Acts as a patient advocate and liaison between the patient/family and community service agencies (i.e. Department Human Services, hospitals, support groups, etc.).
15. Must demonstrate an ability to remain calm and perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and in crisis situations.
16. Maintains compliance with productivity requirements ensuring timely completion of documentation (within 24 hours of the kept appointment) and thorough and accurate coding of patient visits. Providers who fail to complete required documentation within 48 hours will be placed on unpaid administrative leave until all documents have been completed.
17. Participates in a multidisciplinary care team and identifies problems and provides feedback to team members regarding a solution.
18. Assists with the workflow of the clinic as needed.
19. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction.
20. Acts in a professional manner; demonstrates compliance with all policies, procedures and state/federal regulations.
21. Participates in the development of agency policies and programs to assure FQHC, NCQA, and other regulatory standards.
22. Takes part in performance improvement activities such as, quality assurance audits, continuing education, Patient Centered Medical Home processes, medication administration reviews, and peer reviews.
23. Participates in meetings/conferences and continuing education and demonstrates a genuine desire to develop strategies for improved clinic operations and high level patient care.
24. Ensures state licensure and national certification remain current and valid.
25. Assures consumers rights are being maintained at all times.
26. Participates in the integration of services including primary care, behavior health, dental services and supportive housing; serves as a resource to other providers and staff.
27. All other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Must be available to work any and all hours scheduled. These include but are not limited to early mornings, evenings and weekend hours as determined by the organization and our patient population. Hours are subject to change based on need.
Qualifications and Skills
• Must possess a valid State of Michigan License as a social worker (LMSW preferred)
• Experience working with patients exhibiting severe and persistent mental illness
• Possession of a valid Michigan Chauffeur’s Driver’s License
• Demonstrated ability to follow State of Michigan driving laws, evidenced by an insurable driving record
• Ability to work cooperatively with staff and others involved in the delivery of service to patients
• Experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting critical deadlines
• Must maintain confidentiality relating to treatment in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
• Knowledge of PCMH
• Knowledge of community mental health theory and practice; knowledgeable and skilled in working with mentally ill persons
• Must be competent at intake assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rapport building and ethical use of therapeutic techniques
• Ability to relate well with a variety of patients, specifically those within the target population
• Knowledge of, and ability to make use of community resources
Education / Experience
Successful completion of an accredited Master’s Degree in Social Work program
Credentialing / licensure
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: T. Conte Human Resources
Central City Integrated Health
17950 Woodward Ave
Detroit, MI 48203
FAX NUMBER: (313) 733-1300